2 Â½ Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
Â¼ tsp. Salt
Â¾ Cup Milk
Â¼ – Â½ Cup Water
- Grease a cake tin. Sift flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl, rub in butter with fingertips.
- Use a knife to stir in milk and enough water to mix to a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; knead quickly and lightly until dough is smooth.
- Roll out dough evenly to approx. 2cm thickness. Cut out with cutters.
- Place scones in prepared pan; brush with a little extra milk, if desired.
- Bake in a very hot oven (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
Special Notes: To make Date Scones, add one cup of roughly chopped dates to the dry mixture before you add the milk. Yummo!